As life-long learners, the students of Faith are:
- Faithful servants who Trust they are saved by God's grace and seek to live a life that glorifies Him.
- Critical thinkers and learners who Grow as they can reason, analyze, interpret, and reflect in the learning process.
- Communicators who can inform, instruct, motivate, and persuade.
- Responsible Citizens who Show Christian ethics in a diverse world, appreciating and respecting God's work.
It is through dynamic instruction in all academic areas that our students develop their God-given talents and gain the basic life skills to continue their education experience at high school and beyond. Daily learning experiences nurture the whole child in the following areas: spiritual, cognitive, emotional, social, physical and aesthetic.
Faith Lutheran School is here to partner with parents for the purpose of equipping students to make a difference in the world in which we live. Our school is committed to providing students with a learning environment where they learn about Christ’s saving promise and experience firsthand the love of their Savior Jesus Christ. We are here to equip students with the knowledge and skills that will help them lead productive lives within our community. Lives that make a difference in our city, state, country and world!
Why a Lutheran School?
All Lutheran Schools across the country are recognized for the academics and spiritual growth as well as their contributions to society. We are but one of over 1500 early childhood centers, high schools, and elementary schools across the nation. Over 121,000 students attend elementary schools and over 131,000 students attend early childhood centers.
Lutherans have established schools in the United States since 1640. The reasons for opening and maintaining these schools have varied across the country and throughout history. All can be traced to six goals. Some schools will exist for all six reasons, others for only 2 or 3 of them. Each is a valid reason for the establishment and maintenance of a Lutheran school.
- To nurture faith
- To grow in grace and knowledge
- To teach the Word
- To communicate and establish Christian values
- To equip for Christian service
- To reach out with the Gospel to others
Lutheran Schools are great places to grow because...
- They are driven by a commitment to the Gospel and focused on a mission of bringing hope and healing to students and their families.
- They are governed by board members who clearly understand their roles and focus on the vision and board policies that effectively govern the operation of the school, enabling the Lutheran school to maximize its ability to achieve its mission.
- They utilize an accreditation process like National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA). They develop and follow a business plan.
- They develop and implement a communications/marketing plan.
- They meet or exceed state and national academic standards at all grade levels.
- They lead students to share Christ and their faith story in an unbelieving world.
- They identify future leaders for our schools.
What are the regular school hours?
School starts at 8:00 A.M. but students may arrive as early as 6:30 A.M. for Extended Care. Students may enter the classroom at 7:45 A.M. Dismissal times are as follows:
- Pre-Kindergarten Morning 3 and 4 year olds: 11:00 A.M.
- KPrep: 1:30 P.M.
- Kindergarten - Eight Grade: 3:00P.M.
Students in the afternoon Pre-Kindergarten may enter the class at noon. Dismissal is at 3:00 P.M.
All Faith students may attend Extended Care until 6:00 P.M. on a regular or drop-in basis. There is a fee for this program.
What is the overall size of the school?
Faith Lutheran School has 235 students enrolled in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade for the 2018-2019 school year.
Is there a dress code at Faith?
Yes. Students are required to wear school uniforms which are purchased directly through French Toast. Our Preferred School code is QS44AY5. FrenchToast has created a uniform catalog specific to Faith that shows only those uniform items approved for students.
Can I visit Faith?
Definitely! For your convenience, we offer many events and offer individual tours on an as needed basis.
What is required to apply to Faith?
Once my child is enrolled, do I have to re-apply each year?
No. There is no need to re-apply once a child is enrolled at Faith. Each spring students do need to re-enroll for the following year.
We love Faith, but can we afford the tuition?
Faith awards financial assistance based on a family’s demonstrated financial need in accordance with national guidelines established by FACTS for Financial Aid. Please contact Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352)589-5683 with questions regarding financial assistance.
Do we need to repay the financial aid award?
No. Tuition assistance is in the form of grants that don’t have to be repaid.
What high school will my child attend?
Your choice of high school reflects the evolving needs, interests, and personal preferences of your child and family. The solid foundation our student receive prepare them to thrive and excel in honors and AP classes at a wide range of high schools. Each year we have students enroll in local private schools as well as public high schools. The important thing to remember is that Faith students are prepared for the rigors and workload of the high school of their choice. Our alumni credits our curriculum and teachers for equipping them with the skills to have distinct advantage over their classmates in high school.
Why not a Faith Lutheran high school?
We’re regularly asked if we have any plans to add a high school in the future. We’re thrilled to know that we have families who love Faith Lutheran School so much that they wish their children could continue here beyond 8th grade—we appreciate the confidence you have in educational system. So, why no plans for a high school? At this time we believe our current pre-K to 8th grade model is best for our students, families, and community.